Thursday, January 6, 2011 | By: Claire

My Rescue

My Rescue



I was crying under the dark rainy sky
I was cold and alone, I kept asking why
Why did it have to end and be that way?
So many questions; No one knows what to say.

I felt it; All I thought was no one cared
I was stuck and to look forward I didn't dare
It was so dark; I couldn't see or hear anyone but that person
I could only think no one was worth but him for my attention.

I felt stranded and caged that I thought there was no other way
To escape the tears and the pain where I lay
I knew that I was drowning in my own misery
Then something happened; Someone came to rescue me.

I was still faint but I could already feel something different
I tried to open my eyes and heart to see what everything meant
Then I saw that the sky was already clear and warm
I felt safe when I realized someone was supporting my arm.

I lifted my face to look forward and see who was with me
And there you stood with your very warm smile directing at me
Suddenly all the pain was gone and I could breathe again
I couldn't remember anything painful and couldn't decipher where it all went.

I just looked in your eyes and felt the sincerity and innocence
The warmth from you makes me feel like I'm floating in the heavens
Overflowing happiness melts my heart and the whole of me
When you show up, look me in the eyes and smile at me sweetly.

Maybe He sent you to smile at me and let me know that life goes on
You're His way of saving me from being stuck in darkness for too long
That it was time to move on and forget the heartbreak from love and friendship
It was time that I meet new people and make new happy memories to treasure and keep.





3 comments:

Lalis26 said...

new people? *raises eyebrows* eh! :)

Claire said...

Okay, now you got me thinking. LOL

Lalis26 said...

haha don't tell me you hadn't thought of it that way!

Post a Comment